Saturday, November 3, 2007

Mom's First Official Race

Today was Mom's first official 5k run. I was really nervous about it because I've been sick for the last 2 weeks and haven't been able to run. I decided I would run it and if I got sick I'd walk. I Ran the whole race feeling great and finished in 28 minutes and 9th in my age group. There were over 500 participants running. I was so excited because that was a personal best for me. I started in the back so my real time is 27+mins. The race was for the "Girls on the Run" program through the elementary schools in the area. My Activity Day girls participate in this so I thought I would be a cool leader and do it with them. We all did great!! It was so much fun, now my new goal will be a 10K.
I had just finished running the race.
Doug and the kids were there to greet me after I finished!

This is Morgen, me, and Sarah after the race. They are in my Activity Day Girls group.

3 comments:

Racheal said...

No wonder you are so tiny!!Good job!

Gina and Jon said...

Nice work!! I love the way you feel after the race is over, not so much during the race! Jill wants me to run a half marathon in January and I'm not so sure I can make it! You should run it with us.

jharmon said...

Your amazing!! Tiff I am so proud of you! I didn't even know that you were doing it. You should do a half with us it would be fun and my motto is if you can fun 3.1 you can run 13.1 Yeah!
love ya