This last week has been a busy one. My Grandmother Eleanor Martin (Harmon) died March 31, 2008, at the age of 92. Her viewing was held this last Monday April 7, 2008. It was so nice to see family that I haven't seen for years and to know that all of us are related and can be together in the next life for eternity because of this great woman. There was such a sweet spirit there and feelings of sorrow were overridden with joy over what a wonderful woman she was on this earth and what a wonderful reunion is going on where she is now. She was separtated from her husband for 22 years. I can't imagine how hard that must of been for her. I can't fathom being away from Doug that long and hope I never have to. She was such an inspiration to me, especially when it came to my testimony of the gospel and being a mother. She was amazing and I can only hope that some day I could amount to what she was in her pinky finger!!! I love her so much and will miss seeing her in this life, but how wonderful it will be when it is my turn and she will be there waiting for me.
Here are some pictures from Grandma's Viewing in Utah.....Arian, Racheal, Karie, Katie, and Jill have fun looking at these!!!
3 comments:
I loved everything about Grandma! Great post! I would love it if you would email me some of those pictures!
love ya
Jill
What sweet pictures! I am so bummed I couldn't be there with all of you...With a new baby it just wasn't a possible!It makes me think why do we wait so long to get together!Thanks for sucha great post!Miss you!
Oh, what a fun post! You guys got some really great pictures. Would you mind sending me some? My mom was so sad because we totally forgot to take pics of any of the family. I know that would make her so happy to see some.
It sure was fun to see you and your adorable kids. I can't get over what a cute family you have. It was great to see your brothers too. Definitely is nice to know that we are all around and can actually come together for stuff like that. :)
Post a Comment