Friday, April 11, 2008

Our 1st fish "Scales"

So I picked Sandon up from preschool on Tuesday and he was walking really really slow toward the car with something in his hands. It was a goldfish. They talked about the letters "G" and "F" this week and their teacher got each child a goldfish. This was our first pet and the kids were so excited. They named him "Scales". This was a picture of when we arrived home, but since then we got him a little goldfish bowl with rocks and plants. The kids love feeding him and talking to him. Surprisingly he is still alive. I had a talk with the kids and told them that goldfish don't live very long and are lucky if they live longer than a few days. Sandon says "then they go and live with Heavenly Father, right Mom"? They know more than we give them credit for.


3 comments:

jharmon said...

I miss my baby girl!!!!! I miss little Sandon also! I think our first pet was a fish also......those were the days!
Love Jill

Racheal said...

So fun!!!My kids would LOVE to have a pet....I guess I'm mean cuz I won't give in!

The Lakes said...

They are darling! I didn't realize that Sandon went to Lisa's preschool. I was going to my Uncle's house across the street and saw Doug. We need to get together soon!