Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Our 1st trip without KIDS!!!!

We stayed at the South Point Resort off the strip for the first 2 nights. It is a beautiful new hotel with lots to do. It had a movie theatre, bowling alley, Bingo hall, and pools. You really don't need to leave the hotel. It would be great for kids too.


We went to the Excalibur's "Tournament of Kings" show and had a great time. It's midevil times, so you have to eat your dinner they serve with your hands. It was good food, and the entertainment was great for kids and adults. This was a picture of the Dragon Warrior and his horse from the show.


The Excalibur hotel


We stayed at the MGM Grand the last night we were there. We went to a nice French dinner and to the "KA" show by Cirque du soleil, It was awesome!! I highly recommend this show to all. The 5 pools were great and the river pool was so much fun. Laying in the sun and swimming is so much better without kids. The rooms were beautiful, beds comfy, and the hotel itself was amazing.


The famous Welcome to Vegas sign.

Doug and I have decided that our favorite hotel on the strip is the Venetian. We would love to stay there the next time we go to Vegas. You totally feel like you are walking the streets in France.


The Gondola and canal at the Venetian. They really do sing to you as they push you around the canal. Some of them have fantastic voices!


The beautiful ceiling paintings in the Venetian


These are pictures of Doug and I outside of the Wax museum at the Venetian


Doug and I had such a good time alone in Las Vegas. I was so nervous to leave the kids. It ended up going by so fast, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Maybe too much cause we weren't quite ready to come back.

No comments: